Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:18:21 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      titles for cars that dont have titles

> > A vehicle that has a lost or abandoned title is a different story. > > > > thats what i mean, there are title companies to help those who have > purchased > vehicles w/o a title , legally. there is a company in nevada who will get > you a good title for $200 no inspection, no pics, all you need is the vin.>> > > >

i think ben is missing the point due to lack of info. im not talking about wrecks here, just cars that the titles are gone..lost..misplaced..whatever.. ken wilford has used this company too w/ sucess. the vehicles had no salvage title before, they had NO title at all. they werent wrecked, stolen or flooded, the titles were just lost. vehicles were towed off because former owners abandoned them or died and their estate didnt have the title. it happens all the time. kid buys '87 vanagon, good title, heads start leaking so it sits, kid goes off to college, mom says get it out of the driveway, kid says i dont have time to deal with it anymore, mom has it hauled off. junkyard or impound says 'this is too nice to part out" so they sell it whole w/o a title. or old couple has a cherry '67 westy in their garage. old man dies and old wife goes into a nursing home. their house gets cleaned out and title gets pitched into the trash along w/ all the other paperwork old man has meticulously saved for years. they got no kids. Then big filthy rich Real Estate brokers like Ben (jk ben! ;<)) come in and take their house over at a real estate auction/sheriffs sale or whatever. buyers of house dont want the cherry westy in the garage, so they have it hauled off.. once again junkyard/impound says "this is too nice to junk" and sell it whole w/o title. nothing fraudulent about it. both vehicles have good titles, but the titles are just lost and the last owners are either dead or not interested in having anymore to do w/ said vehicle. so it is up to the buyer to get a title. a buddy of mine bought a '68 bug conv this way. car was primo, from cali, some rich japanese exchange student drove it out here from berkely when he transferred to princeton, then abandoned it in the school parking lot when he graduated and went back to Japan.. nothing wrong w/ the car, it wasnt stolen or wrecked, it just had no keys or title. damn thing ran and drove great. youd be suprised what people abandon, for any reason. my bud picked it up for $1500 from a yard outside of Trenton w/o a title. used the following company with great results. he just sent them the vin and $200 and that was it. and no, it doesnt have a nevada title, it now has a good NJ title in his name. check out their website for particulars.

www.its-titles.com

chris