Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:58:31 -0500
From:         "Benjamin E. Beasley" <bbeasley@MIX.WVU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Back Seat Bed Conversion
Comments: To: BenTbtstr8@aol.com

Hey,

You're right...it was a Westy..just not a full camper. I kinda like the idea of having the cabinetry underneath the bed to store the hydraulic jack, tools, etc. I was planning on cutting a hole for the rear heater in the bottom of the cabinet then rigging up some ducting so the heat can flow out to the front of the cabinet. My main question is; how to attach the stock seats to the westy seat hinges? The backrest has a piece of wood on the back but the bench has only metal spring material. Any suggestions? If worst came to worst I could just use the original Westy back seat and re-upholster it.

Thanks,

Ben

-----Original Message----- From: BenTbtstr8@aol.com [mailto:BenTbtstr8@aol.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 3:24 PM To: bbeasley@mix.wvu.edu; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Back Seat Bed Conversion