Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:05:11 -0600
From:         populuxe <populuxe@EXECPC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Coolant Preference

here's an idea;

Zerex’s antifreeze guru Dr. David Turcotte claims G-05 is backwards and forward compatible, meaning it can be mixed with the old green or blue conventional antifreezes or the latest inorganic types (Dexcool®)

westfalia.org

in other words, might be a good way to transition from the old type gatorade to the new dexcool stuff if you just want to do a drain and refill instead of a real full-fledged flush. just an idea. check out the "tips" section in www.westfalia.org look up "clearing the muddy waters". very interesting. after all my research i've still got my '90 filled with yellow prestone.

prestone.com also has some interesting info on phosphates. if i spent as much time and effort in properly flushing and refilling my vanagon as i have researching it i'd probably have the phosphate free stuff in by now.

what'ya think stan? hello stan? is it true you don't read the coolant topics?? made ya look. chris c

Unfortunately, it is likely your new Vanagon won't have this in it and the G-11 may or may not be compatible with what is in there now. I am guessing 1 out of 10 may be using VW coolant? Probably even less than that. Most are using the long-life phosphate-free stuff from Prestone or Zerex whatever. It is available anywhere and much cheaper.

Jay

Jeff Stewart <fonman4277@EARTHLINK.NET>@gerry.vanagon.com> on 03/13/2003

11:38:50 AM

Please respond to Jeff Stewart <fonman4277@EARTHLINK.NET>