Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:31:40 -0500
From:         john Runberg <jrunberg@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Norfolk parts places
Comments: To: scotiawesty@NS.SYMPATICO.CA

There's not too much in the Norfolk area, especially for new parts. There are a couple junk yards with rotating inventories in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Chesapeake. They never seem to know what a Vanagon is and just tell me to go look for myself. Haven't been in awhile. Usually it's the same picked over stuff.

For new parts, the only place I've ever gone to is the Bug House in Virginia Beach. The owner's name is Frank and he drives a Blue < 85 with a factory roof rack. Sometimes has a few donors out back (two early Vanagons + other air cooleds IIRC right now). Expensive for parts, don't know about labor.

Whiteheads in Virginia Beach (near the Oceana air base and the oceanfront) does repair good work, although they put in the wrong antifreeze into my van once. The guy who runs it is real nice and loves Vanagons. There are always a ton in the lot, however no parts usually. There is a blue wolfsburg or Carat for sale right now, however. Haven't stopped so don't know anything about it.

The VW dealer in Virginia Beach is Checkered Flag and they have been good to me. Haven't taken the Vanagon to them, but talked to them on the phone and they do work on them. Bought some parts and the prices were OK (higher than BD for a TEMP II sensor, but less if you include shipping).

If you're in the neighborhood (Virginia Beach) I might have a spare bumper end in the garage that your welcome to.

John