Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Mar 2003 08:00:43 -0800
From:         Richard Brassaw <sendmeanemail@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: how do you get super glue off velour?
Comments: To: Larry Alofs <lalofs@RCN.COM>

Larry,

The quality that you used acetone was significant and definitely calls for protective measures. The quantity and frequency that will be used in a clean up situation will be minuscule in comparison.

The mercury in thermometers was probably more a legal decision than actual toxic hazard. I remember in grade school someone bringing in a small handful of the stuff that we then passed around the class.

As for water, I assume you're referring to drinking water specs. What amuses me is that many people buy bottled water for its perceived purity when in fact tap water holds a higher standard. Here in California there is one popular bottled water brand that several times has exceeded tap water standards in that it couldn't be delivered into the home through the tap!