Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:10:56 -0800
From:         Tom Young <tomyoung1@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: blinkers still not working FIXED!!!
Comments: To: Michel Bertin <mibertin@nbnet.nb.ca>,
          mark drillock <drillock@earthlink.net>
Comments: cc: type2@type2.com

----- Original Message ----- > From: Michel Bertin > To: tomyoung1@ATTBI.COM > Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 7:02 PM > Subject: blinkers still not working

> When your right and left blinkers are flashing check in the > bulb to see if it the same wire that flashes. Those bulbs are > double contacts therefore have, two filament one should be > shorter than the other. It should be the same filament that > lights up in each bulb if it's not the same it means the wires > in the back of the socket the bulb is in are on the wrong > connection just swap them for one of the bulb and it will > fix your problem if that is the case.

Doh!!! (Palm of hand slaps forehead.)

That was exactly the problem with my fast/slow blinker situation. I don't know why this blinker problem showed up "all of a sudden" after the blinkers worked properly, but, because I'm always very careful to put wires back in their origininal position I just carried the problem over from bulb to bulb.

----- Original Message ----- From: "mark drillock" <drillock@earthlink.net> To: "Tom Young" <tomyoung1@attbi.com>; <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 7:26 PM Subject: Re: Darn it, blinkers still not working. Help?

> Since the emergency 4 way flasher switch is rarely if ever used it can > get flaky. Forcefully switch it back and forth and maybe it will come > back to life. Also, Fuse S9 must be good for the 4 ways to work.

Doh!!! (Palm of hand slaps forehead. I'm going to have a bruise there.)

I hadn't even thought about looking a fuses since my (faulty) reasoning was that if the blinkers would blink (albeit, one fast, one slow) then surely the emergency flashers would blink. Looked at the fuse box and, lo and behold, no fuse in the number 9 hole!

The lists came through for me again!!!