Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:47:16 -0800
From:         Paul Archibald <androbus@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Lapping cylinders to heads?
Comments: To: phil cain <bearsvw2000@YAHOO.COM>

???????no comprende!!!!!!! I've never heard of lapping the heads to cylinders. could you clarify? if it's needed on the type 4 engine I need to know before putting the heads back on when I am finished with the repairs to them...never done on the older engines...

Paul

--- phil cain <bearsvw2000@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > Go ahead and skip lapping the heads to the cylinder > one time and you could find out what I found out(20 > years ago), it makes a loud chirping noise telling you > that it must be taken apart and done correctly, in > other words lap them in and have peace of mind, when > you get the heads on and torqued hook up air pressure > 120-130 PSI to the cylinders(spark plug hole with air > adapter) and make sure that no air leaks from around > the heads or valve seats. Just my two cents worth. Phil > > __________________________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on > your desktop! > http://platinum.yahoo.com