Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Mar 2003 01:01:21 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Grey Velour Upholstery For 87 Westfalia Camper
Comments: To: Timestone@aol.com

In a message dated 3/24/03 11:08:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, Timestone@AOL.COM writes:

> I am new to the list, but recently had my blue 87 Westfalia Camper stolen. > Good news-the police found it a week later and arrested 2 guys. Bad > news-they were apparently gang members, and our camper was graffitied > inside > and out, and the rear seat upholstery was slashed. The insurance company is > paying to fix it up, but we are having trouble finding that gray velour > fabric or a seat kit to use. We couldn't find a salvage seat in Southern > California. The body shop wanted to cut up the rear cargo cushion and use > that fabric to fix the seat, and recover the cushion in something else. We > don't like that idea, but wondered if any of you VW wizards out there have > any ideas, or sources. > >

hi linda, we know you well, your unfortunate situation inspired a week long thread on our list here a few weeks back.. so the insurace company is going to fix, and not total your van? thats great.. make sure you keep on their backs. being that youre in SoCal, id check w/ Sorin Bejenaru, he usually has a few late model vanagon westys he is parting out. A certain listmember (well, ex listmember) here by the name terry kay has a similar situation to yours, he was doing someting strange in the back of his van and got some spots on his rear grey velour sofabed. he is now looking for a replacement.. you can email him at ctonline@webtv.net ask him if he's had any luck..i think he said he can get a new cover from vw? didnt know they were still available. might also try Sewfine, they make alot of vw interior stuff.

good luck chris