Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:02:11 -0800
From:         Mark Belanger <belanger@FLUID.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlight Wiring
Comments: To: Mike Ross <mjross81@SWBELL.NET>

The previous owner must have had an old American truck. My old Bronco has one of those and it's mighty satisfying to stomp on that sucker. If only I could mount a horn switch like that... On second thought, I'd probably put my foot through the floor... Nevermind.

-MB

Mike Ross wrote: > Well today I went out to remove the floor mounted headlight dimmer switch > that the dumb previous owner installed. It had three wires going to it, a > white wire, a white wire with a black stripe, and a yellow wire with a black > stripe. Now I'm pretty sure that these wires are supposed to run through > the steering column mounted turn signal / dimmer switch. I know that the > headlights work (touching one of the wires to the white wire with a black > stripe turns on either the high or low beams), but I cannot get them to work > when hooked through the column mounted dimmer switch. I know it is not the > dimmer / turn signal switch because that switch is new. I can get the > running lights (everything but the headlights) to turn on by flipping the > switch on the gauge cluster. Is there something I am missing?

Mark Belanger - belanger@fluid.com