Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Mar 2003 06:49:07 -0600
From:         Chuck Mathis <cmathis@HOUSTON.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Idle Gremlins & Radiator Frogs

You should have consistent throttle switch action. this may well be the flakey idle problem. Try cleaning the switch and your throttle linkage with carb cleaner first. they somewhat exposed and tend to collect quite a bit of crud. If that doesn't help check to see if the throttle body flapper is returning to the same position everytime -- the shafts do wear and the flap may not sit in the same place every time. If the linkage and switch are clean and the flapper sits properly and you still have occasional non-clickage replace the switch Bus Depot, Vanagain and Vanagon Cafe have these for about the same price.

Can you beat the Idle Gremlin forever? Not forever, but maybe this month.

Chuck '85 Wolfsburg Westy - 'Roland the Road Buffalo'