Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:39:31 -0500
From:         Eric Zeno <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Warning!! Something doesn't sound right here,
              I need some advice please

I read this on another list. I think it is important that everyone reads and is aware of con artist like this. There are two messages here... Eric

-------snip------ Hey Group, I have been trying to sell my 73 Orange Bus for several months. A couple of days ago I get an email from a guy wanting pictures and details. He says he is in London. I sent him the pics and detail. Today I get this email from him, his email to me in in the next paragraph. Sounds like some kind of illegal activity going on here but am not sure. What do you think?

Thanks for the response and information about the car i saw the pictures.like i told you ,i am based in london but presently on a business trip to africa,however i intend to pay with a cashiers check through my colleague in US that is owing me $9,000,i will instruct my colleague to send the check to you,when the check clears ,you deduct the cost of the car rane and send what ever balance to me.i have already made shipping arrangements,when the check has been cashed,i will inform my shipping agent to contact for the pick up of the car ,if you are willing to assist with this transaction,then i have noted the name and address where you want the check sent.so that the check will be sent immediately,as i will like to have this car pretty soon.my shipper will receive the paperwork

thanks once again.

Two things I should also mention is that in the email to me the paragraph is a different font then anything else so it's like he cut and paste it in the email.

He also offered me $100.00 more then my asking price.

Kevin