Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:43:51 -0800
From:         Richard Brassaw <sendmeanemail@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Warning!! Something doesn't sound right here,I need some
              advice please
Comments: To: JonR <jon.hathaway@VERIZON.NET>

Jon,

In the past week I've gotten two emails for the Nigerian scams. What was amusing is one of them had the ISP as ZWALLET, which I took as a joke to mean Zero the Wallet.

Richard

Kenneth Wilford wrote:

> There is a scam going on right now where people will send you a "cashier's > check" for a higher amount than what you are selling an item for and then > they want you to send them the balance (which is usually a large amount of > money). Folks go along with this because they think a "cashier's check" is > like cash money. However the kind of check this scam uses is not and what > happens is that the check bounces after you have already sent the other > person their money. So you are left holding the bag and the other guy just > got your money. Usually this scam is perpetrated by folks in another > country. I read about it in the paper a few weeks ago. Just a heads up. >

This happened to me a couple weeks ago, except the person was a female from Sweden...

After several e-mails saying that I was not able to accept "cashiers checks", the buyer never replied.

My bank here in NH has put a temporary moratorium on cashing out of state cashiers checks due to a counterfeit check scam that is going around the country right now...

The other scam I'm getting right now is the African Banking official/Government official wanting to transfer millions to your bank account, in exchange you get to keep 10%-20% of transferred funds...

Always remember "There's no such thing as a free lunch (TNSTAAFL)...

JonR

Sold my vehicle for cash money!! <<G>>