Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:19:20 -0500
From:         Jay Brown <jayb@COEDSPORTSWEAR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sliding Door Screen

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately you do have to drill your own holes for the snaps. Or you can do what I did and use some small rare earth magnets to hold your screens in place. Check out http://www.wondermagnet.com for examples. I used size #2 (1.4" x 0.8") in the corners and a few size #3 (3/8 x 1/8) button magnets to hold the top and sides nice and tight. I first tried this idea for the rear screen on my '72 bus to hold the sides tighter on particularly buggy nights.

No need to drill all those little holes in your baby, and no broken snaps down the road. Also nice when your dog completely loses control and goes thru the screen to chase the squirrel outside, as the screen will pull away instead of tearing, no matter what angle it is hit at (equally effective with drunk friends). Take my advice and order a bunch of extras, you will be amazed at how many uses you will find for these little guys.

Hope this helps, Jay Brown '72 Hardtop Camper '85 Vanagon Westfalia http://www.geocities.com/vwcamper72

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:41:10 -0800 From: Mike Miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM> Subject: Sliding door screen

Volks,

I bought a screen for the sliding door in my Westy from a fellow listee. Got it today.

I don't see where it snaps in. There are no snaps around the sliding door that I can see. Do I have to install them?

TIA

Mike