Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Mar 2003 16:16:51 -0500
From:         Tim <h2oboxer@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      1985 Weekender for Sale (must go!!!!!!)

I'm looking to sell my 1985 Weekender. I also have a 1990 Carat and have

Found that I can only drive one van at a time. I have owned this van for the last 5 years, where I have put approx 4-5000 miles per year. In the last year I probably put less than 2,000.

Pros:

Only 131,000 miles. 1988 2.1 liter motor installed 4 years ago has < 100k on motor. Front brake upgrade to later model brakes 2 yrs ago. New rotors , calipers, balljoints and upper control arm/bushings done At that time. Also around the same time, new drums,brakes,wheel cylinders,spring kit and seals done on rear. Bra. No Dents or body damage. New battery (November 01)

Cons:

Courdoroy interior. Replaced worn front seats with brown velour seats of similar vintage. Rear seat began to split, so I covered it. Need alignment, left front tire needs replacement. Other tires < 12k. Some seamrust beginning along drivers side and by doors. I have cleaned and sprayed, but needs attention. AC removed(compressor). Had it charged once, but did not hold. Never really had good AC anyway. Still have compressor. Probably needs new tube above gas tank, has the leak if overfilled. Coolant lite blinks.I replaced sensor, bottle etc. It blinks all the time, but is not indicative of overheating. Probably the sensor under the dash somewhere.

I have driven this van to Nova Scotia and Key West, but my kid are grown and my wife doesn't like to camp anyway.

I was asking $4500, but am looking for $3,000 OBO. The car needs some work, but I have some parts to do some of the work.

The van is located on Long Island, NY.

Pictures can be furnished on request. Any questions answered.

Thanks