Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:27:49 -0400
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA>
Subject:      Re: I'm sorry... someone please tell me a camping story..

On 28 Mar 2003, Steve Delanty wrote:

> I suppose it's been particularly frustrating because I'd > hoped the bus would be "stress reliever", allowing me to > camp and travel and relax a little once in a while.

Its all a matter of attitude. I love my wife but I get frustrated with her sometimes. I love my kids, but they are also the source of much frustration. I"love" my Westy, but ..... yes it is frustrating too.

When taking off on a trip with a 3 year old kid, one must plan! and work around the needs and eventual frustration of the kid. Same with a Van. When my Westy "konks out" my wife gets all frustrated and rants along the lines of what you say: un-trustworthy. I look at the situation as an opportunity to lavish some kindness on the Westy AND to learn some more about its care and nursing. I budget an extra day or so for breakdowns and I tell folks that I might be a day or 2 late in getting there.

My Westy is my hobby, so the more care I can give it, the more I'm "hobby-ing". Just a matter of attitude.

Oh yes, you wanted a camping story, let's see if I can think of one .......... Malcolm