Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Mar 2003 17:23:20 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: someone plese tell me the difference between these two vans..
Comments: To: drillock@EARTHLINK.NET

In a message dated 3/30/03 5:04:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, drillock@EARTHLINK.NET writes:

> One is in a high wage urban area of 10,000,000 people and the other is > in a lower wage rural area of 100,000 people. > One has A/C, PS, and auto trans, the other none of these. > One has upgraded upholstery, better seats, and front armrests, while the > other has none of these. > One of these is timeless WHITE!!! and the other is a color not seen in > nearly 20 years. > Finally, there is the not so small matter of one being currently > registered in Calif with a current SMOG certificate, while the other > says it is reg'ed in Idaho even though the photos display Calif plates!! > ??? > > All this may not explain the full disparity in price but the auction is > not ended yet either. The photos are much more appealing on the white > one IMO. Perhaps one seller is responding better to the many questions > these auctions draw? > > Mark > >

oddly enough, people dont seem scared by the SALVAGE title and the vague responses to questions that the owner(?) of the white 85 westy is giving.. and you gotta love that line in the fancy website he has: "we fixed everything, but after mum drove it home she decided she wanted a mercedes convertible" ummm yeah.

but true, a professionally done website ad and tons of good digital pics (enough to make a older PC lock up ;<) as well as plenty of "writers embellishment" bs can really make a sale.. of course as Mark said, it helps if your in the middle of Lo$ Angele$ too..

chris