Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:50:52 -0500
From:         John Rodger <redlac@MAGMA.CA>
Subject:      Re: gutless AND unreliable...(C'mon Volkswagen!!)
Comments: To: ALOHADREAM@AOL.COM

I disagree. My last two cars have been Jetta diesels, a 1984 which I owned for 16 years and the current one a 2000 TDI. Both great cars, never let me down. The 84 was by far the best car I ever owned. In all those years the engine and transmission just keep on going. Mind you I only put just over 300,000 kms on it. Had to replace stuff that wears out like tires, exhaust, battery, brakes etc but that's just normal wear and tear. Don't know about the new one but after three years it seems to be doing just fine. Maybe you got lemons.

The Other John Rodger Ottawa, Canada 88 Westy 00 Jetta TDI