Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:26:24 -0800
From:         Tom Young <tomyoung1@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stuck together
Comments: To: john Runberg <jrunberg@MAC.COM>

What kind of vehicle are we talking about here? And I assume you're trying to pull the transmission but leave the engine in place?

If we're talking about an air-cooled vehicle - water-cooled might be the same, I just don't know - then:

All 4 nuts to bolts/studs between engine and trans removed? Front transmission mount bolt removed? Shift linkage disconnected? Slave cylinder disconnected? Ground strap disconnected? All bolts to CV joints removed and axles moved out of the way?

If all that's done then I'd say you're just experiencing "sticktion" caused mainly by the friction of the studs from the engine running through the trans bell housing --------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Young '81 Vanagon Lafayette, CA 94549 '82 Westfalia --------------------------------------------------------------- ----- Original Message ----- From: "john Runberg" <jrunberg@MAC.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 1:01 PM Subject: Stuck together