Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Apr 2003 07:07:14 EST
From:         Kun Chang <Albert3365@WMCONNECT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mysterious tire noise.. problem solved
Comments: To: mtbiker62@hotmail.com

The uneven wear on the driver side probably is a result of a bad wheel bearing which I replaced about two weeks ago. It was very noisy driving above 45mph. I think the wheel alignment is fine, because the van does not move to one side even I release the steering wheel, and very firm at high speed (65mph). Now I just found both of the lower and upper ball joint boots on the passenger side have been broken, but the wheel still very firm with no play when I shake the wheel. This will be another project, another challenge in the near future.

Thanks again for all the excellent suggestion.

Albert