Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Apr 2003 17:19:48 -0500
From:         Marshall <mjruskin@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      FRAUD: Re: Important! Virus transmitted to you through my
              computer! :-(
Comments: To: dneu <dneu@netzero.net>, Zuk <john@arrowappraisal.com>,
          wilden1@JUNO.COM, white <patrickwhite@colliergov.net>,
          Wayne Kaufman <kkaufman@bluemoon.net>, Wayne <neu@vt.edu>,
          Tracy Fowler <tracy@candytyme.com>, Terry Hall <terryh@attbi.com>,
          Terry Adams <terrygadams@attbi.com>,
          Steve Selin <sjselin@NETZERO.NET>,
          Single Check Rebates <rebates@riteaid.com>,
          Rick Copeland <rick.copeland@goldfishguy.com>,
          "Phil S." <napszeerf@YAHOO.COM>, pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>,
          patrice b <prb@TELEVAR.COM>, Mom <bensman84@aol.com>,
          mike <mwmiller@CWNET.COM>,
          "L-Soft list server at Vanagon List (1.8d)"
          <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM>, Lorelei Hall <lhall@attbi.com>,
          Larry Word <wordlarry2002@YAHOO.COM>, kim fong <kimfong@aol.com>,
          Kim <snowyowy@yahoo.com>, kevin obrien <kevindobrien@YAHOO.COM>,
          kdelucca@megalodon.com, Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>,
          jerry bassett <coquillebird@excite.com>, j <lemore@YAHOO.COM>,
          info@bentleygt.com, iCARumba
          harries@co.uk, harmony-ar@home.com, HallBurbank@aol.com, Duane Adam
          <duaneadam@sprintmail.com>,
          drlizashiff@aol.com, Derek Tompoles
          <derek.tompoles@precisionint.com>, DaveC <voicebox@dnai.com>,
          dave bowers <dave@SPARKPLUG.COM>, Dad <lwneu2@aol.com>,
          Bob <bob@cogwheel.com>,
          BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM, Anthony Polson <acpolson@HOTMAIL.COM>,
          allrize <allrize@prodigy.net>, Al G <magical@kona.net>,
          ACTCM Admissions Office <walwal@pacbell.net>

This is a fraud.

See:

http://www.f-secure.com/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.shtml

Do not ever send messages warning people of viruses. These messages are almost always fraudulent. ----- Original Message ----- From: dneu To: Zuk ; wilden1@JUNO.COM ; white ; Wayne Kaufman ; Wayne ; vanagonlist ; Tracy Fowler ; Terry Hall ; Terry Adams ; Steve Selin ; Single Check Rebates ; Rick Copeland ; Phil S. ; pensioner ; patrice b ; Mom ; mike ; Marshall ; L-Soft list server at Vanagon List (1.8d) ; Lorelei Hall ; Larry Word ; kim fong ; Kim ; kevin obrien ; kdelucca@megalodon.com ; Jim Arnott ; jerry bassett ; j ; info@bentleygt.com ; iCARumba ; harries@co.uk ; harmony-ar@home.com ; HallBurbank@aol.com ; Duane Adam ; drlizashiff@aol.com ; Derek Tompoles ; DaveC ; dave bowers ; Daniel A Neu ; Dad ; Bob ; BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM ; Anthony Polson ; allrize ; Al G ; ACTCM Admissions Office Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 01:58 PM Subject: Important! Virus transmitted to you through my computer! :-(

Dear everyone in my address book:

I was just informed that my address book has been infected with a virus.

As a result, so has yours because your address is in my book The virus is call jdbgmgr.exe

Norton or McAfee anti-virus programs cannot detect it.

It sits quitely for about 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automaticlly by messenger and address book, whether or not send email.

The good news is that it is easy to get rid of? Just follow these simple steps and you should have no probelm.

1. Go to Start, then Find or Search

2. In files/folders, wirte the name jdbgmgr.exe

3. Be sure to search in your "C" drive for jdbgmgr.exe

4. Click Find or Search

5. The virus has a teddy bear logo with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN

6. RIGHT click and DELETE it!

7. Go to the recycle bin and delete it there also.

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. (You may want to just ut and paste this e-mail, replacing your name for mine and send it out).

Sorry for all the trouble, but this is something I had not control over I received it by someone else's address book, just as you may have received it from me and also you may have uncontrollably sent it to those in your address boo,. However it is easy to find and to delete. P.S. Mac's are immune.