Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:47:05 -0400
From:         Rod Smith <rodwreck@SE-TEL.COM>
Subject:      Re: slo'-poke caravans?
Comments: To: populuxe <populuxe@EXECPC.COM>

Hey Chris; Glad you brought this up as I've also been wondering if there are any list members with such a van other than myself. My Westy is an '84 and it is white. It also had a wide blue stripe which I had removed when having the van painted. It has power steering and (had) A/C. The dash & door panels are brown & the seats are that brown/tan/blue stripe material that was pretty much standard stuff. One of the more interesting features though, is a small plaque on the dash That reads as follows:

CUSTOM BUILT FOR FRANK & CAROLINE FINKE SLO'-POKE CARAVAN EUROPE-ASIA-NORTH AFRICA GREAT BRITAIN-SCANDINAVIA APRIL-OCTOBER 1984

If you or anyone on the list would like a pic of this plaque send me a p-mail & I'll get one out to you.

I've owned the van since 1/16/01 and am the 3rd owner. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to meet the original owners. Would have loved to asked them about their experiences. Anyone else with one of these vans? Better yet, anyone on the list a Slo'-Poke Caravan Alumni? Must have been a great time! Rod.

----- Original Message ----- From: "populuxe" <populuxe@EXECPC.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 11:59 PM Subject: slo'-poke caravans?