Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:09:14 -0400
From:         Joe Gawzner <joseph.gawzner@ZEEMEDICALINC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy flue covers

I have been using the plastic ones from GoWesty with pretty good success. I have been driving with them without any problems flying off - and going 80 in both hot and cold conditions for the past 3 years since I discovered them. Yes, the plastic ones do get brittle and crack after a while, and if you don't replace it, it breaks apart. But I find it lasts about 10-12 months, in SoCal conditions that is, before needing replacement. Sometimes I have noticed that you'll see some condensation and I simply remove the cover for a couple days. I know they are there for washing, but agree that they keep stuff out so I just keep it on. I think they are $10 or so at GoWesty... and I think Bus Depot sells them as well. I wanna try that Rubbermaid one a listee wrote about #12 I believe. So far they have not been ripped off, and I drive & park in Vanagon-world where you see tons of them here. (Hope by admitting this it doesn't change my luck...)

Joe Gawzner 90 Syncro Westy Vanaru