Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:15:32 EDT
From:         Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      switch mystery 251 906 257

While cruising ETKA I see a dash switch that would appear to go in the switch panel to the right of the tachometer along with the defog switch and the hazard switch. This is on a late model Vanagon, say and 89 or 90.

The switch is part number 251 906 257 and it is labled "switch for catalyst control". Under the Model heading it says it's for "CALIFORNIA". I'm guessing this means the special edition Vanagon called "California" as opposed to a vehicle with CA emissions. I don't think the California special edition was available in the states, but I have seem pics I think on the web somewhere. It is a special camper package from Westfalia I think--mostly it seems the only difference is stickers on the Vanagon that say "CALIFORNIA." A buddy Of mine said he saw a green Vanagon Westfalia that looked to be a California package here in LA a few months ago, but a search--OK several searches--couldn't find the thing in the area where he had seen it. My buddy, not a Vanagonfile, said the California Vanagon looked to be a bit bigger--perhaps longer--than the regular Westfalia. (Anyone know this bus?)

Anyhow, anyone know what the switch could be for? A heater?

Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA