Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:46:24 -0700
From:         Garth Woolstenhulme <garth@RGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      '89 Vanagon and '88 Scirocco 16V at pick a part

Hi All,

There ia a '89 Vanagon and a '88 Scirocco 16V at our local pick-a-part (name is Ecology in Lancaster, CA--about 65 miles NE of LA). Tomorrow is 1/2 price day.

The vanagon has the motor (odometer read 103K, missing afm), no trans (was auto). I took off and hid several parts that some of you may want. I'm going to go back tomorrow to pick up stuff for me, and if anyone want any of the following I will pick these from hiding and sell them to you for what I pay for them (plus shipping):

ECU (normally these are about $25) Square headlamps and grill (lens look good as does grill except for silver trim is beginning to flake) Black framed slider window for sliding door (I bought the driver's side for $22 last Sunday) sliding-door lower fiberglass body molding (scratched, but fixable) all other moldings were either gone or I have

Anything else someone may want?

I am thinking of taking the starter for a spare--is the auto starter the same as the one in a manual trans?

The Scirocco 16V motor is all there except for the alternator (forgot to check for mileage)--but for the $80 (plus core and tax) that this motor would cost..... Great for conversions into A1 Rabbit body styles as the fuel distributor is on the same side (driver's). I think that the 88 Scirocco has the larger brake disks and calipers (all brakes on this car).

Let me know,

Garth