Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:43:25 -0400
From:         "Stewart, Donna" <DStewart@REEDSMITH.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need Westy Guru
Comments: To: dr <dxrobertson@NETSCAPE.NET>

I think dr is right; we had a 73 configured as he described it, and now have a 74 "Deluxe" with fridge, sink, propane, etc. I actually liked the 1973 configuration a little better, but it's obviously a matter of personal preference.

-----Original Message----- From: dr [mailto:dxrobertson@NETSCAPE.NET] Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 2:26 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Need Westy Guru

I believe it was the late 73 / early 74 model, when they changed the poptop from the one that opens to the backside, to the vanagon style one that opens towards the front. I have never seen the full kitchen in the old style (potop open backside) westphalia. I could be wrong. Same as someone else posted, I had an old style 73, with the sink, water supply, and icebox unit behind the passenger seat. No propane.

I have an old brochure from Germany from I believe 1970. It shows more configurations that what we see here in the Americas. Not sure if these were exported over here. It has a 1970 model with sink and propane, but the propane is bottle style (5 kilo) stored inside the kitchen unit. These designs have the kitchen unit right behind the the front seats, going across the van, as opposed to off to the side and behind the driver as the vanagon. Looks like you cant get from cab back to the van between the seats without climbing over the unit. They even had names for the configurations, 7 of them. My typical 73 looks like it was called "The Amsterdam".

david

wilden1@JUNO.COM wrote: > What was the first year that VW offered the full Sink, Stove, Fridge, > Water Tank in a Westy? > > Stan Wilder >