Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:19:13 -0400
From:         Shannon Mitchell <vze4rq5j@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon warranties/ general rant

I feel your pain.. I live in Maine and for two years I drove my 91 vanagon 75,000 miles with no problems.. Then the dreaded coolant leak started and I needed the heads replaced.. I went to every mechanic that I could and asked if they would work on a 91 vanagon.. I always got "that thing?" "sorry no" and a whole other assortment of responses.. I found a small car/vanagon dealer that would work on it. Powers Motors in Hampton, NH. I know that it doesn't help you out in LA, but if there is anyone in Maine or NH looking for a great mechanic let me know I will get you the info.. The longest they have had my van was 4 days! and this was for a head, coolant lines, and exhaust replacement..

Shannon 91 Vanagon ----- Original Message ----- From: "zampano" <matthias.k@ATTBI.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 2:21 AM Subject: Re: Vanagon warranties/ general rant