Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:24:59 -0700
From:         Chris Weddle <info@2WEDDLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Re: 5 speed SA transmission  issue
Comments: To: John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>

FYI: The 5-speed Vanagon transaxles we offer are not a conversion. They are original equipment German 5-speed transaxles that have been completely rebuilt. The 5-speed was an option in Germany, but with the exception of a few '82 and '83 diesels, no 5-speed Vanagons were ever sold in the US. If Volkswagen had delivered all of the Vanagons with a 5-speed trans, there would probably be a lot less Vanagon owners complaining about the lack of power from the Waterboxer engine.

Chris Weddle Weddle Industries 700 Becknell Rd, Unit A Goleta, CA 93117 USA (805) 696-9665 Fax (805) 696-9667 info@2weddle.com