Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:37:47 -0400
From:         Hans Brouwer <h.brouwer@SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: La Madeleine - the largest Westfalia campout in North
              America!              (LONG)
Comments: To: Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>

For those of you who can not make it to the Isle de Madeleine rally, they can always attend the rally on June 6, 7 and 8 2003 at Parc des Voltigeurs in Drummondville (between Montreal and Quebec City). http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/en/grands.asp As far as I am aware you do not have to be a member to attend this event, mind you do not get the discount of ~$10 for camping.

I wouldn't be surprised if 400 VW Westfalia's attend this rally.

Camping on PEI: 5 minutes east of Souris is Red Point Provincial Park. There are not to many designated sites but there is plenty of room to camp for the night. Facilities are great, view is breath taking, and you can walk on the beach for miles. Another 5 minutes East is Basin Head (singing sands). You are not allowed to park there but the beach is something you do not want to miss.

Another campground on the East side (on Gulf of ST. Lawrence side) of PEI is Campbell Cove Provincial Campground.

Cheers,

Hans Brouwer

Cumberland, Ontario 69 Bus (Speedy) 86 Westfalia (Slowpoke) 92 Cabriolet (for sale)

BusFusion a VW Camper camping event in Almonte, June 12 ~ 15, 2003 Member: Vanagon List, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel Cort" <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 8:54 PM Subject: La Madeleine - the largest Westfalia campout in North America! (LONG)

> The summer of 2003 will have the largest Westfalia campout in North America! > I keep reading numerous questions about "les Iles de la Madeleine" and I have not seen much advertising or documentation on the Gerry (the Vanagon.com list) or in the LiMBO Transporter. Here is what is planned and slatted to be the largest Westfalia campout in North America. > ..... .....

I hope that I have provided and described this camping event as accurately as possible and if some participant wish to add any further details, please provide any additional information. > > Relevant Web sites of interest: > > CICCW www.westfalia.qc.ca > email info@westfalia.qc.ca > Ferry Service www.ctma.ca 418-986-3278 or 888-986-3278 > Madeleine Tourist information www.ilesdelamadeleine.com > PEI Tourist Information www.gov.pe.ca > > Prince Edward Island is roughly: > 1600 Km (1000 miles) from Toronto > 1000 Km (625 miles) from Montreal > 1100 Km (650 miles) from Boston > 1450 Km (850 miles) from New York City > 1600 Km (1000 miles) miles from Rochester > > Joel > > 89 Syncro Westy getting ready for La Madeleine. > > Rochester NY > > > > --------------------------------- > Do you Yahoo!? > The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.