Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:39:14 -0700
From:         gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      black box above coil
Comments: cc: reglys@SYMPATICO.CA

germain, for the sake of complete understanding these two relays appear to be identical in appearance. I am guessing the one on the outside side controls the ecu and the one on the inside side controls the fuel pump. am I correct? also for those of you who want to take a peak, push the tabs in the back of the box(outside side) and lift the lid. Never want to break into your box but use that light touch gary

Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:52:22 -0400 From: Sylvie et Germain <reglys@SYMPATICO.CA> Subject: Re: black box above coil

On Vanagon 86 and up (I do not know for the older Vanagon), this box contents two relays : Power Supply Relay and Fuel Pump Realy. The Power Supply Relay provides battery voltage to the Digifant E.C.U. The Fuel Pump Relay provides battery voltage to the fuel pump, injectors and other devices. These realys are activated by the ignition switch. If one of these relays do not work, the motor will not be able to run at all.

Germain

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Fortino" <fortinoj@SPEAKEASY.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 2:56 PM Subject: Re: black box above coil