Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:32:48 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: 15" Wheel Question
Comments: To: Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>

Glad to know someone else is running the Michelin XCA's besides me. I put them on my Vanagon GL. The tire seems to perform well, not to noisy, and though it's diameter is a smidge bigger than the MXT's that I had before, there is not any noticeable change in how it sits, rides, or acceleration. The one thing that I seem to have noticed is that the vehicle is the tiniest bit more squirrley in a cross wind than with the MXT's. These XCA's are hell for stout in the re-inforced sidewall, as this is an 8 ply tire, but even so the taller sidewall may contribute to that just a bit.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver