Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:41:36 -0500
From:         Fredrich Hesterberg <FredsVW@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: midas,mieneke?anyone ever try em
Comments: To: Barb & Scott Stothers <kintail@shaw.ca>

Mr. Scott, I think to be safe is good-- But you have bolts cut. Do you cut them on the end? Or in the center? I would cut in center heat flange and twist out with vice grip and be done with all frozen bolt's while your drilling. Save the threads of flange is good too. I do not understand why you don't like heat. It is fast. How do you take muffler hanger bolts out? Heat is good or buy 50 dollar hangers. If you are careful heat is best, and sometime only way. You say dremel tool. to small for this job.

Good Evening.

Fred

E-mail message

take a look at whether the piece is worth saving..... if so get the drill and drill out what remains of the bolt, hold it in a vice, etc. . Better then lying under the bus and doing this....... and usually the piece you are trying to save has to get tossed anyway. Personally, I don't like playing with a torch under a motor.........just preference. Scott '91 DDoor GL

Mr. Scott,

So, you have cut the bolt. And it is now frozen in the flange. You would not heat it up to knock it out? Now you want to use the tail pipe again. They are threaded into the muffler flange. I wonder how dremel tool would solve this. Heat is an important too

Fred