Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:00:03 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: black box above coil
Comments: To: gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>

For a compression test on a Digifant pull the ECU relay. This will disable the ignition, injectors, and fuel pump. To avoid having to figure out which of the 2 is which, mark and pull both. The relay with the most wires and the only one with brown wires is the ECU relay if you want to pull just one.

The Bentley diagrams have errors for this area of the wiring on some years.

Mark

gary hradek wrote: > > Karl, > So which one(on an 87) would you pull when doing a > compression check and why? thanks gary > > Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:55:50 -0400 > From: "Karl F. Bloss" <bloss@CITYNET.NET> > My experience with this tells me that on my '87, the > relay on the > passenger side is fuel pump, but not injectors. The > reason I say > this is that you can take that relay out, run your > engine and it'll > depressurize the fuel system by burning whatever gas > is pressurized > in the lines. The engine should die in a few seconds. > > This allows you to depressurize the fuel lines when > you replace them. >