Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:20:49 -0700
From:         Woodrose Dawn <vwtankgirl@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: cheap westy

I just sold my 68 Westy to a young guy in Texas for $1000. The story starts when I bought a 70 Westy for $700 just outside of Cleveland Ohio and drove it home to Toledo. The poor bus was rusty! I got 3 good years out of it and tossed in a set of nice tires before the motormount went on me. Due to the rust concerns I decided to scrap the poor beast and got a friends 68 Westy for $400. This one didn't run but the body is in better shape, but still kinda rough. I swapped the engines and it got me down the road for another 2 years till I found a guy that wanted a nice reliable bus. Well this one is sure relaiable, it fired up in 10 below Michigan cold! Soon this bus will be making its way to Texas and a new home. If you see a crusty whiteish 68 Westy with a piece of plexiglas where the pop top used to be... give a honk and a wave. -Dawn

--- ok artguy <okartguy@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: > For example, you could buy my stone-reliable > barebones '81 transporter for > $950. It's ugly but everything works, it drives > GREAT, the tires are new and > I wouldn't hesitate to drive it coast to coast. > Then, like John said, find a > wrecked Westy and swap in the interior... mine's > already empty! Of course, > I'm in Oklahoma, but there's gotta be other deals > like this that might be > more practical for your budget. Good luck! > > JJ > Oklahoma City > '90 GL > '81 Transporter