Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:25:15 -0700
From:         Jason Gorfine <jason@EMPTYFIELDS.COM>
Subject:      82 Westfalia FS or FP (part II)

Hi all,

So I've had no luck finding a place to store my van. Luckily, the city of Seattle has been nice enough not to put more tickets on him. I'd rather sell him whole than worry about him being ticketed or towed while I try to part him out.

He's a goldmine of Vanagon parts: -power mirrors from a 91 (they aren't hooked up to anything, but hey...) -instrument cluster from a 91 (w/tach and digital clock) -three remaining VW alloys (see below), also from a 91 -"new" gas tank from an 88 (no dents or rust) with new lines running to those evaporation tanks in the wheel wells -all engine sheet metal -right front factory mudflap -all his bumper endcaps (which seems to be a rarity) -a brand new exterior AC outlet (black) -his camper top had new seals and Westfalia decals put on two years ago -ECU, ignition coil, & thermostat, oh my!

there's more info (include damage info from the accident) on him below from my original post in case you missed it.

I'd like to get about $850 for him. he could definitely make you more than that in parts.

thanks again, jason

and since I'm pretty sure you folks on the list aren't nuts, I can also be reached on my cell (206) 321-4113, in addition to this email address.

------------------------------------------------------ I have everything he came with, and all of it's in great shape: cushions, curtains, bumpers & endcaps, camping tables, manuals, etc. I even have the original rear camping screen in like new condition, as well as the ridiculous little Dometic ice trays.

mechanically he's very solid. he leaked no oil when he was my everyday transportation, and has yet to leak any in the three months he's been sitting.

THE DAMAGE: he was hit on the left side right in the middle, just aft of the flu vent. as a result, the cabinetry housing the water tank was pushed out into the cabin about two-three inches, though the entire stove/refrigerator assembly was unharmed.

both alloys (he had 5 VW allloys from a 91) on the right side were scraped up or otherwise deformed when they hit the curb. the remaining three are in great shape. the right rear trailing arm was deformed by the impact as well, but luckily the differential was left unmolested.