Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:41:43 EDT
From:         Ben T <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM>
Subject:      FS: 1987Syncro GL $2000 / BO from Hawaii now in Novato, CA
Comments: To: syncro@yahoogroups.com

This person was selling her Syncro for $3000. Just recently dropped the price to $2000 or best offer.

Anyway, it did not pass smog and needs various other things so she lowered the price. It is not currently registered. Expired a few months, I think. It is now located in the Marin County, California community of Novato. The van was originally from Maui, Hawaii according to the Seller.

It is a 7-passenger van with a Weekender option (not a Westy, not a Wolfy, and not a Multivan). It does sport nice power mirrors and locks. The rear heater was missing and so is the lower panel that goes under the rear bench. The middle bench is there but just flopped down in the floor facing the sliding door. Paint is oxidized especially on the roof. No side seam rust visible. There were two rust spots on the front panel just below the windshield but not rusted though. Some starting at the typical tops of the inner front bumper. The bumpers themselves need to be replaced -- front and rear. The biggest downside is rust through at the rear panel just aft of the sliding door pivot point. Due to owner neglect, said rust migrated to the lower quarter panel just below the same spot. There's a hole there not as well just above the rear jacking point. Small ding at the passenger front door, another at the A pillar, and a third the right rear wheel flare. The rest of the body was reasonably straight.

She said she occasionally has trouble getting into third (uh-oh) but OK for the most part. The CV boots look OK. Has the locking rear differential. All the Syncro hardware seems intact. I was NOT able to drive it test drive the van because the battery was stone dead.

The gray velour upholstery looks strangely "tanned". Maybe this is because of where it used to live. Or maybe it's because or suntan lotion used by people who use her in Hawaii. I don't really know. Carpets are there but needs a thorough cleaning.

Non factory detachable face audio equipment with Alpine speakers in front. Stockers in rear IIRC. AC housing has some cracks in the usual places.

Factory 14" Carat alloys with what looked like decent offroad rubber. A couple of the factory lugnuts were missing the screw on caps. Otherwise, they were fine.

The van is NOT mine. You can reach the owner at moca@inmaui.com. I sent her about 20 digital PICS of the van that I took while I was there. So she should be able to send those. Please contact her instead.

Oh yeah, it's Titan Red. That's that weird maroon looking color.

Happy hunting. And remember, it's $2,000 or BEST OFFER. The seller seems to commute to and from Hawaii, Vermont, and California. The vehicle, as I said, is in California. Keep that in mind when making your offer.

BenTŪ <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bentbtstr8/myhomepage/index.html">Vanagon Cafe</A>