Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:53:16 -0700
From:         Courtney Hook <chook@NISA.NET>
Subject:      Re: The King's English
Comments: To: huotx@videotron.ca

You don't have to apologise to anyone Ben, you are French Canadian and should be proud of it!! The Americans sometimes forget that French Canadians were the founding of Louisiana, when the Brits threw the Acadians out of the Maritimes and shipped them all south to die. Shows them how tough Frenchies are doesn't it?? Livin' in a bayou eatin' snakes. :-) Merde!!!! Take care, Courtney Nanaimo, BC -------Original Message------- From: Ben huot Date: Monday, April 28, 2003 15:31:58 To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: The King's English >>> then take your stinky self back to France<<< he he he, that's funny! I guess that is good idea. So America will be free of the dumb ass French Canadian. By the way, am not from France! But that 337 years ago. This was just a joke man! An inside joke with many members that i personally know. Yes, i do hate most mechanics; they are crooks. But i DO NOT hate my very nice English spoken neighbor. On the opposite! When we were gone the past 2 month, my girlfriend friend had a problem with her car, so she was charge 320$ (200USD) for a timing belt and some other minor check!!!!!!!!!!!!! The dam? Belt cost 22$, I went back to the garage with her and complain about the very high price of the job, they did refund 120$ CAD out of the 320, even then it was on the expensive side. That how I like mechanics, or should I say crook!!! Sorry, that was a stupid reply from me! (I will go in the corner of the room and say; am sorry 200 times) No need to be rude! (I will not go back to France, they are a lot worse than me over there!!!! He he he) The same day i did this reply i had another stupid e-mail by a stupid guys about my poor written English (on my late travel across the USA and Mexico). I have about one per month of those not so nice e-mail, it pisseeeees (he he) me off when i read those so I get mad. Yes, there is still some dumb ass out there, very easy to send a degrading e-mail to a person; I would like to have that person in front of me! Am not sure he would do so! I some of you don't like what I write on my site, keep it to yourself, my time is precious, I do that as a hobby and I don't need that kind of comment. Many French folks don't understand why I do my site in 2 language (mostly English). It's simply because it's English folks (especially from here) that help me in the beginning of my VW days. This my way of saying thanks, being grateful to the one who were very nice to me! (And reaching a lot more people also!) Don't worry, my French is as bad as my English, I have the same kind of stupid e-mail in French! So when i saw the original post, I misinterpreted the e-mail (and I had a few French Canadian Beer!!!) Ciao, Ben (My apologia to the list!) http://pages.infinit.net/eurokit/ http://www.eurokitplane.com/intro.htm ps.: don’t worry, am not offended! I’ve seen worse and yes am from Mars. .