Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:41:22 -0400
From:         Jonce Fancher <strtbug@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      rear sag on a 85 westy

hi all ive been on this list before when i owned a 86 vanagon glabout 4 to 5 years ago. van i long gone. but now ive stepped back into the vanagon world. so heres my question which may have been addressed in the past so if there is a arcive just let me know. but ive currently got a 85 westy GL that has 165k plus miles since thats where the odo stopped. the thing i need to know is the best way to level the bus it has the old age rear sag. i want to just level it out either drop the front end or raise the rear. ive been a air cooled perv for many years and have turned more than my share of torsion bars and drop spindles and beam swaps. but with this one im not sure where to go. just purchase a new set of rear springs or heat the front to sorta drop the front or stretch the rears out for more umph. i just dont like looking out my rear view mirror and looking at the tires of the person behind me. i guess i could install a rear view mirror on my dash. but i would like to take a more professional and safe approach. thanks Jonce

Jonce Fancher

56 Singlecab 66 Sunroof Bug 66 Squareback 71 Bus