Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:49:36 -0400
From:         Eric Zeno <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      OIl light on buzzer going off, good engine!!!

Friends, Your not going to believe this. For the past 3 months I've been driving my Vanagon with the oil light on at idle, buzzer going off at about 2,000-2,200 RPM. Clearly an oil pressure problem. Four years ago I had this problem because of over heating. Little by little each year this has been getting worst. Now head gaskets are leaking, and it needs a rebuild, so I though I would drive it for a while change the oil and check to see the contents of metal in the old oil. Well the oil came out like water: thin and splashed like water. Careful examination turned up nothing. Oil was black. It has 2,000 mile on it........The light bulb went on!!!! FUEL leak!!!! Yep! I've got a bad fuel injector leaking fuel into the engine. 20-50w was installed and no more oil pressure problems, for now. But in a few weeks, after the oil get a good dose of fuel I'm sure I'll have this problem again!

Add this to the list of things that cause premature engine oil trouble! I will be testing the fuel injectors this weekend..... Eric