Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Apr 2003 07:02:35 -0400
From:         shawn luft <shawnagan@SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: The King's English
Comments: To: Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>

Ben huot wrote:

> God i miss my Vanagon, so

Well there's advantages to both aircool and water-cooled....... as many of you are aware.

I enjoy the simplicity of the early 60's and 70's buses..... and it seems even if there's a problem you can usually get it limping on down the road.

But then again the vanagons + eurovans have nice conveniences, but it seems the new electronic gizmos are more prone to failure

To tell you the truth I've got both a '73 and an '86 now.... and I think I'd rather use the old bus for a Mexico trip..... although a 1600 would be ideal (b/c parts are easier to find).... but I wouldn't be scared to take a 1700.

As for different lanagues.....I use to always hack the spanish... like instead of spark plugs I'd probably ask the Mexican FLAPs guy, "tu tienes fuego?" (while pointing at the plugs)..

Anyways language aside..... it seems a lot can be accomplished with a friendly comportment and a nice smile.... even when you don't know ALL the words.....

Oh thinking of Mexican travel gets me excited to hit the road again........but maybe just a few more shots of 9-5 before the next big trip..................

Regards, Shawn.