Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:33:10 -0400
From:         Rosebud <dubesor@NETZERO.NET>
Comments: To: jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET

Good Morning Joel - I have been beating the bushes for over forty years, trying to get someone to listen. Even went to D.C. and had a hearing with Senator Blow Hard and his cronies - to no avail. As an aside - one of his remarks was "do you realize how volatile Hydrogen is?" In answer I told him it wasn't as dangerous as gasoline :-) I proposed (in 1969) to set out a monstrous array of solar panel - clocked to the Sun on trunions - According to my calculations, about 30 sq. miles of panels would produce more than twice the current and power used in the good old USA. Of course that is DC power and it doesn't travel well. Solution - Convert water into its components - Ship anywhere - inherent problems easily worked out, storage a snap. Fuel cells are getting cheaper every day and the loss due to generating power would be minimal. An efficient elevator type of motor would only have to be (for our Westies) in the order of 40/50 hp. No brakes or transmission needed, Just a rheostat. want to stop in a hurry? reverse motor direction. Problem arises when refueling is necessary. Not an unsolvable bump in the road. In a very short time we would be completely independent of the Arabs and all of their inherent problems, if we solved our own insatiable need/want for oil. Sorry about the rambling, but this has been a pet project of mine for more than 50 years, and I finally found someone to talk to :-) Bud Yandell - frustrated in Ft. Lauderdale - - 954 764 7992