Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 May 2003 09:07:32 -0400
From:         Marla Stelk <mjstelk@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Continuity question plus
Comments: To: vanagons@ntplx.net

Hi Doug - Well I'm hoping to be in Connecticut for my 15 yr high school reunion if I can get my van going again! :)

I'll try the wiring and relay suggestion and see how it goes - I just took apart the rubber intake boot and throttle body yesterday to look at the throttle switch. Didn't see any cracks or anything on the boot but I must admit I didn't look really closely. So I'll look at it again. One thing I did notice was a couple of drops of antifreeze inside the boot - is this really bad...? And some oil residue........The throttle switch was covered in oil from when my tranmsission/differential seal blew out and my engine compartment got covered in oil, so I cleaned it off, but then haven't been able to see if I did any good yet, because it won't start. Don't worry - yes I did clean off most of the rest of the oil a long time ago - the switch is just kind of hidden. Arg - so I'll start with the starter - thanks for the info!

Peace, Marla

_________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail