Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 May 2003 09:33:51 -0700
From:         gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      richard's van
Comments: cc: bergin@MARSHALL.USC.EDU

richard, What is unclear to me is if you want the van repaired or you want to total it out but get more cash for the total. By law they only have to pay fair market value but even insurance people are human. What would be the cost of repair? Who do you have as your insurance carrier? I have had a similiar experience and keep in mind that you will not come out of this revenue neutral so the best thing is to cut the best deal. This is hard to advise you on as you are not clear on which direction you would like to go? For starter post some pictures and list what was done to the van. regards gary Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 16:22:51 -0700 From: "Bergin, Richard" <bergin@MARSHALL.USC.EDU> Subject: Mercury Insurance is attempting to Total my 84 Westy for a $3,900 repair, it has been completely restored, $40,00 invested I need help

This past week I was told by an adjuster that he did not care if I = invested $100,000 in the car it may only worth $200 to him. From my perspective, he does not = understand the value of a super clean restored Westy or human decency in = general. The irony is that I was hit from behind while stopped at an = intersection just three weeks after spending 6 months working on = restoring the Westy.

My Westy has become a lifelong friend and I really need help in locating = price information on 83.5, 84 or 85 year Westys (2WD) that are super = clean.=20

I am very grateful for any help. =20