Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 May 2003 16:32:57 -0700
From:         Jim Ellis <ellisjames@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Help TheSamba win a Webby Award!
Comments: To: VW_VINTAGE_list <vintagebus@type2.com>
Comments: cc: "VW-Eurovan@egroups" <VW-Eurovan@egroups.com>,
          VWVANFULLTIMERS <VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com>,
          List Synchro <syncro@egroups.com>,
          ev_update <ev_update@yahoogroups.com>

I became aware of the Webby Awards through an online radio station that I have fallen in love with. (Http://www.KEXP.org)

It occurred to me that my favorite "German car" site ought to be nominated and the we ought to orchestrate a write-in campaign as a thank-you pay back to Everett Barnes for all of the service that he has provided to the "German car" community. Please pass the word.

I propose that we all vote within the following url: http://www.webbyawards.com/peoplesvoice/register.html

Please vote under the "Community" category. The Samba is not a commerce site, it is provided as a service to our community. Other sites like eBay.com, Amazon.com would be obvious butt-kickers if it were (commercial).

I have already voted using the following URL: http://thesamba.com/vw

In order to give consistent credit, we need to use the same one. Vote between now and June 5, 2003. Spread the word and see if we can make Mr. Barnes a Webby winner! -Jim Ellis

=====