Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 May 2003 21:07:05 -0600
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Heater Stuck on Hot
Comments: To: alanpick@MAGMA.CA

Hi Alan. Just my $.02 as I just ran into trying to stop the "heat-bleeding" into the van when the vent lever is all the way to the left. I followed list advice instructions (Debbie Walters in hot Fla), and while I was playing with my spare tire well (empty), I reached up and closed the vent itself with my hand. Made all the difference. What that means: my cable needs adjusting at the lever end, in the dash. I removed the lever knobs (they pull off....carefully or you'll break them. The rubber knob-end and the plastic sleeve it is attached to clips on/off the steel lever which hides inside the darkness), then carefully pry off the plastic dash panel, using a flat blade screw driver, prying from each end. Pull off the fan knob first as well. You can then see the heat adjuster cable on the left....in the darkness...with it's screw/bolt adjuster. I loosened that, used needle nose pliers to pull it slightly to the right, retightened the adjuster and tried closing the vent to check for continued heat bleed or not. You may have a kinked cable but you'll likely be able to see that by looking "into the darkness" or in the spare wheel well. That is a different deal and I can't begin to advise.

Bob

http://groups.msn.com/BobsPhotoShare

_________________________________________________________________ Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963