Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 May 2003 22:12:24 -0700
From:         Harald Rust <harald_nancy_vw@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propane Tank - label?

Brien, I took some photos, but I don't have them scanned. Maybe sometime I'll get around to it. Actually it's pretty simple. Just get a second propane tank like the original one including pressure regulator. Bolt it under the vanagon by the sliding door. All that has been documented in the archives. There are various opinions about which hose or tube to use to connect the two tanks. You can use either the copper tubing like the existing one plus fittings, or (as I did) use high-pressure steel-reinforced fire-proof propane hose, used in marine installations. The latter is easier to route and work with, but it's more expensive than the copper tubing. Then all you need is a t-fitting to connect the 2 tanks. It's not recommended or legal to use the inexpensive commonly available exterior use bbq propane hose for this application. However opinions differ, as always. The nice thing is that you can use one tank until it's empty, and then switch over to the other full tank. Refill the empty one when convenient. Harald '90 westy click here if you like to talk about vw camping: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/vw-camping/

Brien wrote: Do you have any pics of your dual propane tank set up? Brien