Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 May 2003 18:11:36 +0000
From:         No Name Available <whitewaterboxer@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      FS: all kinds of parts from an 87 7-passenger van

Hi, I've been off list for over a year. Last year, I stripped an 87 van and posted a message that I had parts for sale. I had gotten some contacts, but an accident and long recouperation put me out of commission. Now I'm getting out of all things vanagon and simplifying my life. Sold my 89 Westy after repairing the headlight adjusters and now I want to clear out the parts too. Since I no longer have the addresses of the interested parties from a year ago and they may have found other sources, I'm starting from scratch.

I don't yet have full inventory, but here's what I know I have (all interior parts are for grey interior) :

The full interior seats - front seats have good upholstery, but some floppy armrests. Middle bench seat is in good shape, upholstery and armrests good and I have the metal bars to attach it to the floor. Back seat is in good shape, it is the folding bed. I saved the black panel below it that has the cutout for the heater. I a rug that goes over the engine cover and the cushion that goes over this to form the rest of the bed. Also have seatbelts - front, middle, and back.

I have the passenger door window glass, and the vent windows for both sides.

I have the upper A/C unit, mounting points are cracked, and evaporator core is in unknown condition, but blower fans should be good. I also have a brand new evaporator & valve that I ordered from Vanagain but never used.

I have a digifant unit that I was going to make into a digitool, but selling my vans, now I don't need it anymore.

One left taillight lens. Two unbroken, but cloudy, square high-beams lights, an unbroken right low-beam. Some are mounted to the headlight bracket, but many of the adjusters are broken. I have two brand-new low-beam adjusters (inner corners) that I just ordered that were left over after repairing the headlights on the van that I sold.

Two outside electric rear-view mirrors.

Four-speed manual transmission that shifted fine the last time I drove the van.

Front door panels.

Front chrome bumper in good shape (no rear, it was shaped like a strip of cooked bacon).

A used, but working, Dometic fridge that I was going to swap into a Westy with a broken one, but never got to it before the accident.

That's most of the significant stuff, I have lots of other little odds & ends, that I will go through, like owners manuals for 87 van & 87 Wolfsburg, every little square box from the fuse panel and air conditioner, coat hooks, knobs, handles, ...

I'm in Richmond, VA. The really big items are offered first to those who can come and get them. After that, I will consider getting them crated & shipped.