Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 May 2003 09:58:06 EDT
From:         George Goff <THX0001@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: KYB's Suck

I have used KYB products several times, but NEVER again. Simply put, KYB products are junk. What good is their lifetime warranty when their parts only last a third as long as the OE item which was replaced?

In my firsthand experience, the most condemning examples of KYB's shoddiness were the KYB upper strut bearing mounts which I installed on a Volvo. In less than 3000 miles, the bonded rubber was visibly separating from the inner and outer metal components causing the mounts to be poised on the verge of a catastrophic failure. It doesn't take much foresight to know what happens when the upper mount on a MacPherson strut comes apart. Of course, my parts guy told me that they would be covered under KYB's generous warranty, but, as I asked him,"Are you nuts?!" I got my money back.

George