Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 May 2003 12:25:23 -0500
From:         Fredrich Hesterberg <FredsVW@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: head rebuilt
Comments: To: JM060356@AOL.COM

Mr. Jim, Do you have the Bentley Book? This would be best place to start for the way to do it. How long it take to do ths job? This depend on your skills. One man can do faster than other. Book say 7.2 hours to R&I engine alone. And this is for mechanic who does this all the time. I think you should do heads in Van. Much more trouble, and laying on back, but save some time.

Good Afternoon

Fred

E-mail message

Greetings all, I am debating doing the head gaskets for the usual reasons. (leaking coolant, pressurized cooling system ect...) My questions are, how long can I expect this job to take assuming it is a re seal only and no other problems arise. (optimist) I may do them in the van or I will just pull the engine. Still haven't decided. Next question. Where or who has the definitive procedure on head R&R? Checked archive and found quite a variety of info. As usual your assistance is always appreciated. Jim Morgan 86GL "Breadbox" 205,000.0 Westlake,Ohio