Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 May 2003 17:52:05 -0700
From:         zampano <matthias.k@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: water pump #4 in a year, vent hole leak

Thanks Y'all,

I would hope to doubt that I have the internal head gasket leak, since this is a resealed motor as of Feb 10, done by a "shop", with which I have had lots of problems, but you can read the archives for that. I will do a compression test AGAIN anyways.

The thing, or "thingy" would be that consistently I have had the water pumps leak, whether installed by me or a/the shop. They leak at the vent hole that's part of the pump. What exactly is the purpose of this hole??? Is it to relief pressure in the system when it's excessive?? Then, why does it whiz overnight only, or mostly, I should maybe say. I am going to get a new tank cap tomorrow. Does the vent hole eventually seat itself again??.

The gauge didn't climb nearly as high today on the same trip, and on regular flat driving actually stayed super low, like a hair or two past zero. I'll get the new cap, then bleed her like she deserves.

Now, I have some other problems with my Vanagoogoo. If you'll all excuse me I'll move on to elaborate all those bedeviled symptoms. If you got time, check my other post.

cheers