Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 May 2003 21:54:21 -0700
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sink Faucet Question
Comments: To: croatoa@YAHOO.COM

Bad news Steve. JB Weld doesn't work well on that type of plastic. It might work for you but it didn't work for me. I took a Plastic elbow with 1/4" pipe threads on one side and a serrated end on the other, screwed the threaded side into the original housing, pushed a piece of clear tubing on the serrated end and then had a flexible hose that proved very useful in filling my 1 gallon water jugs and saved me about $38.00. I used it for seven years and only purchased the replacement faucet when I had a buyer for my Westy. I also installed a tiny neon light to tell me when the pump was getting power so I didn't twist that handle completely off waiting for water to make a showing. Oh! By the way the little elbow leaked, but it leaked into the sink so what's the dif?. A little Teflon tape would have filled the gaps and stopped the leak but it leaked into the sink so what's the dif? I just never put that tape on it.

Stan Wilder

On Mon, 12 May 2003 19:23:48 -0700 Steve W <croatoa@YAHOO.COM> writes: > Hello, > Would someone please tell me how to get the > swivel extention out of the main base on my > faucet? I'm talking about the part the water > comes out of that rotates on the side of the > base, not the knob on top. Mine broke off and > the cheap skate in me wants to JB weld it. Geeze > I'm cheap.... > Steve > > > ===== > Steve > croatoa@yahoo.com > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo. > http://search.yahoo.com > >

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!